Based at Lerwick Marina.
Sight-seeing and fishing trips year round subject to weather.
We have a boat based in the Lerwick Marina that is able to accomodate wheelchairs and those with mobility issues. We also have a hoist at the marina for wheelchair users. Short sight-seeing or fishing trips around the harbour are available to organisations, families, or individuals. The boat is available all year round subject to weather.
There is no cost to use our boat, but donations to our charity are always welcome.
Anyone needing hoisted onto the boat must bring their own sling. We can only accomdate one wheelchair user on the boat at one time due deck space on the boat. The boat can accomdate a maxium of five people, four people if one of the participants is a wheelchair user.
If you would like more information about The Wootton Lass or would like to accompany passengers as a volunteer, please contact a trustee on 07895406005.
Below are directions on how to access the boat if no hoist is required.
1. Follow the road between the Lerwick Marina sign and DH Marine building as pictured on the left.
2. Follow the road down and around to access the boat at the pier pictured on the right.
3. The boat is docked at the 3rd gate. The path down to the 3rd gate is pictured on the left.
4. The picture on the right is the view of the 3rd gate. The skipper will be there to let you in at the agreed upon time.
Below are directions on how to access the boat if you have requested a hoist.
2. Please turn left after the first building as pictured on the left.
3. The boat will be moved to the pier at the end of this road as pictured on the left.
4. The hoist is at the top of the pier and all passangers must use the ramp to go down to the pier where the boat will be docked as pictured on the right.
5. The picture on the left shows the ramp which heads down to the pier.
6. The picture on the right is the view of the ramp heading back up from teh boat. There is a threshold at the bottom which must be navigated. This threshold changes height depending on the tide.